Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Post Surgery

Today is the first day that I have felt somewhere near human although when I woke up this morning, I was beginning to wonder if I would ever get there again!

We got to the hospital Monday at 12:30 and I have no idea what time they even took me back to surgery. They take you to a holding room, like cows to slaughter. The guy to the left of me had staph and I tried to stay as far away from him as I could and the guy to the right snored so loud that I couldnt have slept if I had wanted to. I do remember them wheeling my back and he put something in my iv and the next thing I remember is waking up in recovery and being in a lot of pain. I dont do waking up really well in the first place, but I never did throw up until we got in the car on the way home. Vicadin and an empty stomach do not go well together, she tried to force feed me some saltine crackers and I think that I got 2 bites down. We stopped by to see the kids for a second, made it home, took one tiny bite of chicken and dumplings and that was enough for me.

When I woke up Tuesday morning, I felt great. I was ready to wash clothes, loaded the dishwasher, but boy, did I crash later. I havent been able to keep anything down much until today, and cant get into a good sleeping position because I am so sore.

But I can tell this afternoon that things are healing, my incisions are not nearly as sore as they were earlier. Brooke and Matthew came home for a bit today, and Matthew and I rocked and took a nap. We put a pillow in between us so he wouldnt kick me, and he wound up falling off of the bed. Brooke has been a good nurse. And so has Brian for the most part, although usually to get him to do something, I have had to get up and start doing it. The laundry is not going to fold itself!

I think that tonight I am going to go and sleep in Grandmama's recliner so I can get comfortable. Laying on my back all night is NOT for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I have been married to Brian for 17 years and we have 3 children, Brandon 21, Brooke 14 and Matthew 6. (Yeah, we know how to spread them out!) I teach third grade, love my Cricut and am addicted to Pinterest!